Please select one of the areas of practice that you would like to learn more about from the list above.

If you have any questions about our services or would like us to review your case, please do not hesitate to contact us.


If you have been charged with DWI/OUI/DUI (all common names for operating while impaired), you are about to enter a realm of the law that will have significant impact upon your life. Your job, your family life and the inherent costs associated with a conviction for this type an offense can be life-altering. Your freedom to travel where and when you wish will be changed by not having a license.

Many will tell you that there is “no right to operate a motor vehicle; it is a privilege.” The real answer is that your license is a necessity, especially in a state where public transportation is likely non-existent.

In addition, New Hampshire makes DWI a crime. Criminal offenses can be reasons for discharge from employment and your inability to enter the military or secure employment. This is especially important for young people just entering the job market.

If you were sick, you would never think about operating on yourself. If you are charged with this type of offense, you should at least consult with an attorney experienced in this area before you make any decisions. You may have many defenses, including whether the police had the right to stop your motor vehicle, whether they correctly administered the Field Sobriety Tests, whether there was sufficient evidence even to arrest you.

In addition, you will be requested to submit to a breath, blood or urine test. Were the tests properly performed, was the equipment certified and operating properly? In the case of blood sample, you have a right to challenge whether the blood was properly tested by the State of New Hampshire.

You should also be aware that there a significant penalties imposed upon you if you have previously been convicted in this or another State for DWI. This can include mandatory jail sentences as well as indefinite loss of your license.

If you do not reside in New Hampshire, your right to operate in this State will be revoked and they will advise your State of the conviction in New Hampshire. You may be subjected to an additional or even longer period of license loss.

Contact the Law Office of Martin K. Glennon for a free consultation about your rights. He has prosecuted and defended a significant number of these cases and is the person you need to talk to before you take any action on your own.


Just because you have paid all of your fines for your motor vehicle offenses, you are not off the hook for potentially losing your right to operate a motor vehicle. New Hampshire has a Habitual Offender Law. The law allows the Division of Motor Vehicles to revoke your right to operate for up to 4 years if you have compiled a certain number or certain types of convictions. This can be in addition to any other periods of license loss that you may already be experiencing.

Convictions of certain major and minor offenses can lead to this status being imposed upon you. The most serious situation may result in a mandatory jail sentence if you drive after being declared to be a Habitual Offender.

Attorney Glennon has extensive experience in representing persons who are about to be certified Habitual Offenders as well as those arrested while driving during this period. In addition, Attorney Glennon can assist you in the process of becoming decertified as a Habitual Offender, a process that has many mine fields for the unwary person.

You may also have been charged with an offense which, if convicted will result in you being certified as a Habitual Offender. You may need to vigorously defend this case or seek a negotiated plea to another offense so that you do not meet the criteria as a Habitual Offender. Contact this office today if you need assistance in this area of the law.


If an accident has resulted in the death of another, you may be charged with Manslaughter or Negligent Homicide. You are most likely facing a State Prison sentence and an indefinite loss of your driver’s license. You will need the services of someone who has a background in technical accident reconstruction as well as scientific analysis of your blood or breath sample. Do not trust you life to someone who has no background in this area. Also, acting fast after being charged may result in a opportunity to immediately challenge evidence and secure a reduced charge.


The Department of Safety, Division of Motor Vehicles has a set of rules that few people know about or understand. Due to the number and type of motor vehicle-related offenses you may have previously committed, they have the power of suspend your right to operate a motor vehicle. This may result in the loss of your job or make it difficult to take care of your family. Attorney Glennon has handled hundreds of matters before the Bureau of Hearings and will assist you in making the best arguments for keeping your driver’s license.

Attorney Martin K. Glennon is an experienced criminal defense lawyer. As a former prosecutor and an active defense attorney, he will be able to assist you in any potential or pending criminal matter.

Whether you are being investigated by a State or Federal agency, subject to a subpoena to testify before a Grand Jury or have been arrested for any crime, you need immediate legal advice. The government has unlimited resources and experience in handling these cases.

That is why you need an experienced, aggressive attorney who has relationships with these agencies on your side. Whether it is a serious crime such as felony-level Assault, Aggravated Felonious Sexual Assault, Robbery, Burglary or Drug Sale or Possession, you need that kind of help that is going to get you the best possible result.

Shoplifting, firearm offenses, fraud, forgery, theft, simple assault, criminal threatening, criminal trespass, resisting arrest, disorderly conduct and among the many cases that Attorney Glennon works on every day.

Conviction of sex offenses may put you on a public list for the remainder of your life.

You may have been arrested for a Domestic Violence related offense or Violation of Restraining Order. You may have valid defenses to these charges and should consult an attorney regardless of your thoughts about just “wanting to get the matter over with.” There are many collateral consequences to these convictions. You may be stripped of your right to carry a firearm, be unable to see your children as before and run the risk of having unnecessary counseling or probation imposed on you.

Since ending his career at a prosecutor in 1981, Attorney Glennon has maintained an active civil jury trial practice in State and Federal Courts in New Hampshire.

If you have been injured in an automobile accident, motorcycle accident or otherwise been injured as the result of the conduct of or failure of another persons lack of care, you are entitled to be compensated.

In accidents involving automobiles or motorcycles, it is important to get immediate advise on your rights. After all, the person who injured you has likely reported the accident to the insurance company and they are providing him or her with important advice.

Even if the person who injures you does not have insurance, you will be covered so long as you have insurance on your car or motorcycle. This is called Uninsured Motorist Coverage. It will entitle you to the same rights of recovery as if the negligent person had coverage, up to the limits of your policy.

In addition to your medical expenses, you may be entitled to compensation for your lost wages, regardless of whether your have sick leave from your employer. You are entitled to be compensation of the Loss of Enjoyment of Life that was brought about by your injuries. You have the right to be compensated for your pain and suffering, past, present and future. If you have impairment to your body as a result of the accident, you have a right to have that considered as part of your damages.

Insurance companies are in business to make a profit. They are not inclined to part with their money for claims unless the matter is properly presented and represents risk to them. You need an attorney who has experience providing you with value for cases and appearing before a jury to present your evidence if the case cannot be settled. There is no cost for an initial consultation and you will not be required to pay any legal fees (exclusive of actual out of pocket costs) if no recovery is made on your behalf.


If you are injured on someone else property and that injury appears to be the result of the property owner’s failure to properly care for the area, you may be entitled to compensation for your injuries. These injuries can be brought about by the landowner’s failure to properly maintain the land or building, remove accumulated snow or ice, fill potholes, repair railings or stairs and other conditions that may cause you to fall and sustain injuries. Attorney Glennon will provide you with a fair an honest evaluation of the likelihood of recovery and seek to provide you with the best possible recovery.


As an employee, you are probable more likely to sustain an injury in the course of your employment that in any other area. Regardless of the risks in your job, every employer is required to have workman’s compensation insurance. This means that if you sustain any kind of injury at work, so long as it occurred in the act of your employment, you will be entitled to may benefits. Many of these benefits will not be disclosed to you. That is why if you are injured at work, you need to speak with Attorney Glennon from the outset in order to understand the rights that are available to you.

In addition to having your medical expenses paid, you are entitled to benefits if you are unable to work during your period of recovery. You may be able to return to work, but perhaps at a different job or of less hours. You are entitled to be compensated for that loss. If you are unable to ever return to the job because of your injury, you may be entitled to Vocational Rehabilitation. As well, if the injury is permanent, you may be entitled to a substantial Permanent Impairment Award in addition to all of your benefits.

If you have a work-related injury, contact Attorney Glennon immediately for a free, initial consultation and learn about your rights in this complex area of the law.


If you have been injured by any product which you believe is defective, you may be entitled to recover for your injuries against the manufacturer or retailer. Although manufacturers go to great lengths today (as a result of prior litigation actions brought by injured people) to make products safe, there are those who do not care whether their products might hurt someone. Some companies figure that the cost of making it safe may be greater that the cost of paying out claims to injured persons.

If you have been injured by a product that you believe is defective, call Attorney Glennon today for an evaluation. It costs nothing to review your case.


There may be other unique ways in which you were injured. If you received poor medical care from a physician or hospital, Attorney Glennon will provide you with guidance in dealing with such a situation. He can provide you with a referral to some of the finest medical malpractice attorneys in the State of New Hampshire and will work with them throughout the process to achieve the best possible result.

Most people avoid any discussion of the prospect of their death. However, failure to consider what would happen to your money, your home or most importantly, your children in the event of your death is a disaster in the making. If you don’t make the decisions, the courts will make them for you.

Having a will is most important for younger families with children. Who will care for your children in the event of the death of the parents? Who is the person best able to handle the money for the children until they reach the age you chose to inherit their share of the estate?

Attorney Glennon understands these needs and provides lost-cost services for families. In addition to a will, he will provide you, free of charge the New Hampshire Advance Directive which includes a Durable Power of Attorney for Health Care and a Living Will.

If you have a sizeable estate, Attorney Glennon will refer you to the finest and most honorable Estate Planning Attorneys in New Hampshire.

There are other areas of the law for which you may be entitled to money damages as a result of the conduct of others. Breach of a contract may entitle you to a host of possible remedies. You may be entitled to damages under the New Hampshire Consumer Protection Act and have your attorneys’ fees paid by the person who has caused your damages. This can include fraudulent acts or defective workmanship. Lawyers are trained to evaluate your claims. You should at least check to see if you have any remedies before you abandon your possible claims.


Attorney Martin Glennon is an experienced mediator and arbitrator. He has worked under the auspices of the America Arbitration Association and has served as Superior Court Arbitrator, Mediator and Neutral Case Evaluator since 1994. He has handled hundreds of cases in most of the counties in New Hampshire and brought about successful settlements in most of them.

Why spend thousands of dollars in additional attorneys fees, court costs, experts fees and the time involved in litigation when you might be able to resolve your claim in less than one day. Attorney Glennon has extensive experience in handling private arbitration cases between plaintiffs and insurance carriers.

Even if you are not represented by an attorney and have a private dispute with another party, you can agree to arbitrate or mediate your dispute with Attorney Glennon and save yourself thousands of dollars in expenses.


Whether you are a landlord or a tenant, the law in this area is very complex. Failure to comply with just a single requirement on any of the paperwork involved in an eviction can result in serious loss of time and income for a landlord and becoming homeless if you are a tenant. Since Attorney Glennon represents parties of either side of this type of dispute, he will provide you with good advice and you will not be finding yourself returning to court again and again. The judges and clerks staff cannot give you advice. Whether you have problems with your tenants or are a tenant who might be told to leave, you should call this office for a consultation.


Sports have become an integral part of the education and extra-curricular activities of many young people. Parents have invested heavily in the sports of their children. Sometimes unfair barriers to their right to participate may be put up such that they might not be able to secure a scholarship to college. This can involve a great deal of money.

In 1982, Attorney Glennon represented a young man in New Hampshire who was unfairly denied the right to participate in interscholastic athletics. The case reached the New Hampshire Supreme Court where a landmark decision was made that provides for due process to student-athletes before they are deprived of the right to participate in interscholastic sports. This case is reported nationwide and although the minority view in most jurisdictions, it remains the law in New Hampshire.

Attorney Glennon has represented young athletes before school districts and school boards in dealing with various issues. He has provided advice on these issues to countless others. If your son or daughter is being treated unfairly by the school, call for a free consultation.